Tuesday, February 25, 2014

English Muffin Pizza

Hi everyone!!  I don't know about you but I'm glad that Spring is only 24 days away!!  The sun is out here today too, but it's still cold.

I think I mention that hubby has a part-time job, got bored being retired, and his hours are so that he works at night.  So I'm on my own for that meal and I tell you what, it's hard to cook for one!  So I've been on the look out for recipes that I can down size to make for myself, a person can eat only so many sandwiches for dinner before you get tired of it!

I found this recipe over on Plain Chicken for these English Muffin Pizzas and had a light bulb moment!  I could easily make this for myself and make it many different ways too.  So I gathered all the necessary ingredients and had a yummy meal!

This would be great for afternoon snacks for the kids after school or even a family meal.

 I used Pepperidge English Muffins for mine and was pleased with their taste and texture.  I also used Classico Traditional pizza sauce, oh my this is really good sauce too!  I would definitely buy this again.  Then I got mozzarella cheese, shredded, pepperoni and went to town making my pizza. One night I fried up one link of Italian sausage for my meat topping, yum!

Now you spread on as much sauce as you want on the cut side of the English muffin (split in half), then add your meat/toppings, you could add some small diced vegetables, if you wanted, then sprinkle on your cheese.  Bake in a preheat 400 degree oven (I used my toaster oven to bake mine).   YUMM-O!!

English Muffin Pizza

English Muffins, split
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese, shredded
pizza toppings, the sky is the limit
garlic powder, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place the English muffin halves, cut side up, onto a baking sheet.  Spoon some of the pizza sauce onto each half.  Top with mozzarella cheese and your pizza toppings.  Sprinkle with garlic powder.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned on the edges.

Hope you give this a try, they are good!   Mary

2 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

This would be a fun dinner with the grandkids. Sounds yummy!
Definitely still huddling around the wood stove here.

laurie said...

It does look like a fun, tasty dinner...easy and quick too!