Saturday, June 13, 2015

Risotto with Chicken

Hi everyone, I'm back again with another Instant Pot success and boy was it yummy too!

I belong to a Instant Pot Facebook group and it is a great place to find recipes where others have tried and had good luck in making.  One of the members posted a recipe for Risotto with mushrooms in it but we don't really like mushrooms so I substituted peas in ours.  It was so good, even though I forgot to add the grated Parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper too, doh!

The first picture is what it looked like right after I removed the lid, all nice an creamy and the second picture is what it looked like after sitting for about 10 minutes.


The lady who shared the recipe didn't add chicken to her's but I had a couple of small chicken breast that I wanted to use, so I cut them into chunks.  Kinda of reminded me of Chicken and Rice Casserole!

Here is how I made it:
1.  Pour about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the Instant Pot.  Select Saute' and let the oil get hot, then add in 1 small chopped onion and that is when I added in my chicken too.  Saute' for about 5 minutes.
2.  Add in 2 cups of Arborio Rice, stirring for about one minute.  Turn off the Instant Pot.
3.  Add 5 cups of chicken broth ( I used 5 cups of water and added 5 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon, stirring the mixture well).
4.  Place your Instant Pot lid on, turn to lock position, press manual, then decrease the time to 6 minutes.  Once the Instant Pot comes to pressure (this takes about 5 minutes or so), the time will start counting down.
5. When timer beeps, turn the Instant Pot off and do a Quick Release, this is done by turning the steam release handle to Venting.
6. Once all of the pressure is released, the little float valve on top will drop and no more steam will come out.  You now can safely remove the Instant Pot lid.  Add in 1 to 2 cups of peas.
7.  Add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to your taste.
8. Give the food a good stirring, and you are now ready to eat!!

I'm getting to where I really am enjoying this little Pot, it will be so nice to be able to cook this summer and not heat up the whole kitchen.  I want to try a Turkey Breast in it next!!  Did you know that you can hard-boil eggs in this?!  Yep, in about 6 minutes.  Oh you can also make your potatoes in it along with your eggs and have the fix in's for Potato Salad in less time then it takes to get a pot of water boiling to cook the eggs or potatoes on the stove top!

Have a great day!!  Mary

No comments: